Go Back   DaemonForums > DaemonForums.org > News

News News regarding BSD and related.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 3rd November 2011
Administrator

Default Want to avoid all private-data breaches, ever? Here's how

From http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/11...sioner_speaks/

Quote:
As information and privacy commissioner of Ontario, Ann Cavoukian's jurisdiction is limited to the Canadian province. But that doesn't mean the effects of her post don't extend into territories across the globe.

“What I always say is privacy transcends jurisdiction,” she says. “It knows no boundaries. So if I'm going to protect the privacy of people in my jurisdiction, I'm going to protect privacy everywhere. Everyone is using Google, Facebook. How do you ensure that the information you give to these people or collect from them is safe anywhere? So to me, privacy is a global issue.”

Indeed, the Privacy by Design initiative she spearheaded has become an internationally recognized recipe for embedding privacy protections into the very fabric of a website or product.