DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th November 2021
Fdisk Soldier

Unhappy Load intel graphics driver

Scrolling or moving windows on X11 look kinda laggy to me. On FreeBSD it looks much better. Also, i have ran fw_update and it installed intel driver, how to load it and use on X11?

I can see "drmid92829:intel_pipe_update_start *ERROR* [drm] *ERROR* Potential atomic update failure on pipe A" message on XDM's xconsole window
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th November 2021
Bitchy Nerd Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielonykid123 View Post
i have ran fw_update and it installed intel driver
No, it didn't. That command installs firmware.

Quote:
how to load it and use on X11?
It should load automatically. Check the X.Org log for any errors. Share it here (in full) if you can't make any sense of it and I will have a look.

Quote:
I can see "drmid92829:intel_pipe_update_start *ERROR* [drm] *ERROR* Potential atomic update failure on pipe A" message on XDM's xconsole window
Are you experiencing any screen blanking or flickering?

Check for a sysctl(8) setting to disable Intel's Panel Self-Refresh option (PSR) to fix the error.

Reference: https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/...ic-update.html ← I found that with a simple web search for your error message. Perhaps try that next time instead of waiting for somebody else to do it for you
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th November 2021
Fdisk Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head_on_a_Stick View Post
Are you experiencing any screen blanking or flickering?
No, but the performance is horrible. Also, neofetch says my GPU is Mesa Intel(R) UHD Graphics. Is it possible to use nVidia driver with my RTX and draw X11 with that GPU?
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th November 2021
More noise than signal

Most NVIDIA cards can only be used with VESA standard interfaces; which precludes any acceleration features. There is no driver for any recent NVIDIA graphic products in OpenBSD, as the company does not provide any public interface specifications. The open-source nv(4) driver originally produced by NVIDIA and the XFree86 Project, and later adopted by X.Org, is included with OpenBSD, but the nv(4) driver is usable only with older NVIDIA cards.

Tags
configuration, drivers, inteldrm, x11, xorg