DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > Guides

Guides All Guides and HOWTO's.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 27th December 2009
./dev/null

Default VMWare Workstation 7 with MacOS 10.6.x guest

Well it so happens i have a running fully updatable MacOS virtual machine installed into a Windoz 7 host. This was quite a bit trickier to do (MANY bootloaders and MANY different downloads of x86 compatable hackintosh style ISO's), and in the end i actually found (i really do not recall where) a .vmx file originally created in Fusion as an expiramental 64 bit MacOS server install.

I took the files that i found and used an original Snow Leopard install DVD, and a crafty ISO file created by i do not know whom, that is used to boot the original Snow Leopard DVD. This is also required to boot up the VM after it is installed the ISO actually has the VMTools for Snow Leopard as well, a good bonus.

If anyone cares to have something like this setup PM me (i understand that most persons would not care to have MacOS guest under a Windoz host), i have all the files and insctructions required except YOUR Snow Leopard install DVD, EVERYTHING is working and is quite smooth. I do know that this boot up ISO file was created specifically for Snow Leopard but i have not tried it with any older versions of MacOS.

REMEMBER i am NOT advocating any type of pirating or misuse of your purchased (or not purchased) software or otherwise, IF you do require such software, DO PURCHASE IT, this applies to VMWare products.

There is a free version of VMWare server and also player, these maybe suitable for your academic purposes.