DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th April 2009
Shell Scout

Question Apache Randomly Stops Working

Hello,

I've been running OpenBSD 4.4-stable for a little while now acting as a Apache webserver.

As far as I know it's been running smoothly for a good 40-50 days since it's last reboot. Today that changed.

I don't have a clue what is going on. I was about to make a change on my site by sftp'ing into the box. Which no longer seems to work at all. Doesn't matter if I have PF enabled or not.

When I ssh it takes quite a while after entering my username. Eeeeventually the password prompt will appear (probably after 5 minutes) and I can login. SSH seems fine after that.

I notice when I did reboot (thinking at the time this would fix it) that a) apache took an abnormally long time to start and b) I originally canceled (CTRL+Z) apache during boot since it took so long and tried starting it manually which also took longer than I was willing to wait.

Apache does start after a good 5-10 minutes during the bootup.

So, does anyone have any idea what could be going on? Anyone have any diagnostic stuff for me to try?

Note: My system has close to a gig of free memory.
HD Used space is minimal

Your help is appreciated. Thanks!