DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Security

OpenBSD Security Functionally paranoid!

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd January 2010
Security Geek

Default systrace policy for irssi

I'm working my way through https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/...bsdChrootedTor, but was wondering if any of you kind souls might have a systrace policy for irssi? I'm installing 4.6-STABLE with the latest version of irssi from ports.

Thanks!
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd January 2010
Rc.conf Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraconianTimes View Post
I'm working my way through https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/...bsdChrootedTor, but was wondering if any of you kind souls might have a systrace policy for irssi? I'm installing 4.6-STABLE with the latest version of irssi from ports.

Thanks!
The document you are following is written for OpenBSD 3.7. We are essentially one month from the code lock for OpenBSD 4.7 release. You do understand that you are using 5 years old document?

I know people running irssi chroot-ed. I have never heard of anybody using
systrace to control irssi. You now realize why OpenBSD developers are so opposed to mandatory access control (MAC) It simply doesn't work because proper policies are so hard to write.

I would be curious myself to see if you get a different answer from somebody else. Above being said about MAC and in particular systrace I want to add that Systrace is very useful to people who are porting software to OpenBSD but that is another story.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th January 2010
Security Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
The document you are following is written for OpenBSD 3.7. We are essentially one month from the code lock for OpenBSD 4.7 release. You do understand that you are using 5 years old document?
Yes, fully aware of that. I'm using it simply as a spring board for further research, and wanted to compare a working policy against the one I'm mangling...

Ta.