DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD Ports and Packages

FreeBSD Ports and Packages Installation and upgrading of ports and packages on FreeBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 26th December 2017
Port Guard

Default Error in memory allocation when using Wine built by myself

Hi guys !

So I'm trying to understand why most of my games aren't running or are crashing after a while when I use the Wine built by myself.
The Wine from Ports doesn't have this problem. The patches available in the ports packages of Wine (emulators/wine & emulators/wine-devel) aren't fixing it so I believe it's something about the Makefile but I'm not an expert of it

I tried Mafia on my Wine and I have this :

HTML Code:
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0xd5555d83 at address 0x6fb69cd0 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0xd5555d83 in 32-bit code (0x6fb69cd0).
wineserver: file_set_error() can't map error: Cannot allocate memory
And this problem happens on a lot of games I play.
Mafia is perfectly working when I use the repository's Wine (and other games like Assassin's Creed for instance).
The only difference between the "official" FreeBSD's Wine and mine is the way it is built so the solution MUST be in there : https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/hea...kefile?view=co

Any idea ? I would love to understand how Gerald (and possibly other maintainers) succeed to fix this.
Thank you very much !

EDIT : I'm using Wine i386, I forgot to say that I already know about 32 bits applications of Windows needing a 32 bits Wine to run so I did, it's not a problem. I can play GTA San Andreas for example with my own Wine.