DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 31st August 2009
Package Pilot

Default Cannot connect to IRC (network issues within OBSD?)

For some reason whenever I try to connect with ircII or irssi, it will not let me connect to ANY IRC server, not even my friend's private one.

But if I switch to say Linux or Windows partition on this computer, I can get on IRC fine with irssi and HydraIRC.

But on OpenBSD with irssi I get like "Connection refused" or with ircII I get a similar message like:
Code:
*** Connecting to port 6667 of server irc.freenode.net
*** Connection closed from irc.freenode.net: Connection reset by peer
*** Unable to connect to server irc.freenode.net
Maybe some setting I need to tweak in OpenBSD? I have a fresh install of 4.5-Release and I only installed programs via pkg_add, and very few packages at that. (Like Xorg, ircII, irssi, portsentry, Firefox, and Bitlbee)

Update: BUT if I use a web service like mibbit.com to connect to IRC on OpenBSD, I can connect fine! I need to get my clients working, though because Firefox takes up a lot of memory more than irssi or ircII
(I just tried xchat too but still same error that I can't connect).

Last edited by guitarscn; 31st August 2009 at 10:56 PM.