DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 21st January 2024
New User

Default No gateway

Hello, I recently installed openbsd on my desktop. Everthing was working fine. I use usb tethring or mobile hotspot tk connect to internet on desktop. Usb tethering was working good. To use wifi I set everything up according to openbsd networking faq. After executing netstart I noticed that ifconfig status was acyive but I wasn't connected to internet . Also my desktop doesn't appear in mobile connected device list. I check with netstat that there was not gateway. When I try to ping an ip it says that can't asign requested address with 100% packet loss.I also check with another mobile(android 6 no ipv6) but its hotspot was working fine
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 21st January 2024
Bitchy Nerd Elitist

Have you provisioned /etc/mygate, as per mygate(5)?

I think it's only needed if you're not using DHCP to assign IP addresses but you haven't given us any detail in respect of your specific configuration. It's usually best to share the full content of configuration files and the full output of any commands (along with the exact command used) rather than vague descriptions.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 21st January 2024
Don't Worry Be Happy!

Location: hot,dry,dusty,rainy,windy,straight winds, tornado,puts the fear of God in you-Texas

Look at man page urndis also additional discussion on this forum concerning same..

In the past if i remember correctly i entered something like
# dhclient urndis0
# echo dhcp >/etc/hostname.urndis0

If above not related to your issue ignore as an attempt to help in something i have experienced before. My problem was that i could "ping" internet sites but not transfer data, that issue was corrected by my cell phone provider by adjusting internal phone settings, otherwise instructions provided by the man page etc have worked for me.

goodluck

Last edited by frcc; 22nd January 2024 at 01:12 PM. Reason: add, correct, modify