DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th May 2008
New User

Exclamation Installed 4.3 & No GUI

Hi,

I downloaded install43.iso(openbsd 4.3) and installed it into my Compaq Presario 7478. Everything went smooth and fast and no errors. After installation and upon first reboot, it asked me to login, but no GUI!...apparently I'm stuck in the terminal and there is no GUI. I installed all of the packages including media files except for the games. I haven't created a new user yet--I'm just testing out openbsd for the first time. I can login as root and surf through the directories and such...but when I login as root, there is no GUI which means I can't see the desktop. How can I fix this?
GN-WPKG RT2560F ral(4) Chipset
533 MHz AMD K-6 Processor
56K ITU V.90 modem 3
64MB of RAM
145 watts PSU