DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th September 2016
New User

Default Get ipmitool working under OpenBSD 6 CURRENT?

I spent far too long yesterday trying to get the ipmitool utility working under OpenBSD-6-CURRENT.

From pkg_add -U ipmitool I get

Can't install ipmitool-1.8.17 because of libraries
|library c.88.0 not found
| /usr/lib/libc.so.89.1 (system): bad major
... and it seems that building it under ports would require that I have the X11 suite installed.

I also tried freeipmi with similar issues.

My attempts to Google my way past this suggest that no one has publicly posted notes or hints on the topic for OpenBSD 6 (all the results go back to 5.9, 5.8 or earlier).

So, is anyone using ipmitool under OpenBSD 6?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th September 2016
Spam Deminer

When running -current, the base tarballs and the ports packages can be out of sync. It takes time to build all the ports. The next package of ipmitool will probably work. You just have to wait for it.

As for building it, usually you just need the xbase tarball installed. Doesn't mean you have to run any X stuff.

Tim.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th September 2016
More noise than signal

Hello, and welcome!

Are you using snapshot packages, or are you pointing backward at a -release package path? The -current flavor is the development branch, and is many months past -release.

The major bump of libc from 88 to 89 occurred on September 1. The snapshot packages are past the libc bump for amd64, i386, powerpc, and sparc64. But snapshot packages for the other archs have not completed builds since dates in August, according to my local mirror.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th September 2016
More noise than signal

Yep, you may have an incorrect package path if you are using one of the popular architectures. The libc library was at 88.0 for 6.0-release, and in -current, as of several hours ago (and since 17 September) is at 89.2.

If you are using a $PKG_PATH environment variable, point it at snapshot packages, or if you are using pkg.conf(5), revise your installpath string.

Note that -current is a constantly moving target, and you may still have to manually build the occasional port when using snapshot packages.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#Flavors

Last edited by jggimi; 28th September 2016 at 02:04 AM. Reason: clarity