DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD Ports and Packages

FreeBSD Ports and Packages Installation and upgrading of ports and packages on FreeBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd June 2009
Port Guard

Default How to Start FireFox

I'm starting this thread with the simple question -- after installing FireFox, then how do you start it? I have googled, and read various documents from Mozilla, FreeBSD Ports, Linux, Debian, SCO, ad nauseam, but I'm still just not getting it.

After a make install clean, all seems well, but when attempting to start the browser, a message such as "no display specified" is the result.

From what I've read, sounds like an "xterm" session or something needs to be started as a subsystem for FireFox to run in. Can this be real? Seems to me that FireFox should be able to prepare it own run environment. What am I missing? (This is probably one of those things that makes perfect sense . . .once you understand it )

Thanks,
RW