DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd February 2020
ripe's Avatar
ripe ripe is offline
Shell Scout
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Occitanie, France
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ip6ix View Post
Any recommendations on a Spinoza primer?

Thanks.
Ethics For me it is not easy to read but it is his magnus opus and it is great. I encourage you to read it, again and again and again hihi.
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...nding-emotions
https://larvalsubjects.wordpress.com...nd-affections/

Anyway it is a good philosophy to live I think.

Last edited by ripe; 2nd February 2020 at 07:02 PM. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020
mls64 mls64 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 3
Default

Just starting out, learning with an install via Fusion. Thanks to @shep for the OpenBox-based BareGUI.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 2.52.35 PM.png (475.7 KB, 56 views)
Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2020
ip6ix's Avatar
ip6ix ip6ix is offline
Fdisk Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripe View Post
Ethics For me it is not easy to read but it is his magnus opus and it is great. I encourage you to read it, again and again and again hihi.
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...nding-emotions
https://larvalsubjects.wordpress.com...nd-affections/

Anyway it is a good philosophy to live I think.
Thank you very much, and the links are very interesting also.
__________________
dc -e '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb12247225403800449909543746snlbxq'
Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2020
ripe's Avatar
ripe ripe is offline
Shell Scout
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Occitanie, France
Posts: 115
Default

You are welcome
Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020
ntx ntx is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Default

Here's mine. I'm new to OpenBSD, but not UNIX is general. Happy to be a part of the community!

For those interested in the wallpaper, Here it is! I edited a FreeBSD variant and centered it for us ThinkPad users out there.
Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020
mls64 mls64 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntx View Post
Here's mine. I'm new to OpenBSD, but not UNIX is general. Happy to be a part of the community!

For those interested in the wallpaper, Here it is! I edited a FreeBSD variant and centered it for us ThinkPad users out there.
Nice @NTX. Saved for future use (probably a ThinkStation at some point).
Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020
ntx ntx is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls64 View Post
Nice @NTX. Saved for future use (probably a ThinkStation at some point).
Glad to hear someone's using it! Be sure to PM me a screenshot of your desktop when you get around to that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fvwm - Desktop screenshot - impressive! aleunix Other BSD and UNIX/UNIX-like 16 5th September 2010 10:15 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content copyright © 2007-2010, the authors
Daemon image copyright ©1988, Marshall Kirk McKusick