DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD Installation and Upgrading

FreeBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading FreeBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th March 2024
*The-Attentative* -

Question Build & Configuration Steps for EGL to Work Properly for Intel Iris 640 Plus?

Does anyone know the Build and Configuration Steps for EGL to Work Properly
for Intel Iris 640 Plus... ??? like building in reverse-stack order im assuming will get
it to say its supported im just not aware of whch what to do first<- i know xf86-video-intel is having build-issues
right now saying ETIME not supported... im using the drm-510-kmod package successfully.
and it pulls in the intel-skylake-firmware or w/e for me..

*********Building plasma6-plasma:
IT WAS qtcore causing the double redline build error it wasnt compiled and installed Error:
plasma6-plasma: Index:/ Disable:energysave,sleep,spellcheck,desktop_effect s,accent_color,night_color: and always start with empty session.
Upgrading BSD using GIT-UP: -unfinished- but would work anyway: This is what its asking for
14.1 / Release - or - Release-Engineering :
then you have Ports: STABLE/ or The Service Updates.... you have 2 Service Updates one that makes sense
itll be for your version and one that Doesnt... meaning all BSDs get them, and theyre updated
ALONG with the Latest one... i Assume... so as a Service Provider theyre probably saying
these here were for when we provided service for your BSD version 2024Q1 FreeBSD-14-Releng.

Docs Git: /usr/doc is the source directory and /usr/local/share/doc/{books/articles} we compile the doc is a webserver and a bunch of documents but just copy to the usr local share doc one the contents of /usr/doc/documentation/content/en/{books,articles} meaning not the two folders it means whats inside them:
git has a src repository this is for the /usr folder and the /sys directory is where to fix
the .mk file build-errors is your supposed to delete the /sys symlink before installing /usr/src
and then ln -sf /usr/src/sys /sys and thats how that works....
your supposed to symlink /usr/src/sys to /sys thats what its for: is when you :

git clone ports: these obviously go in mv out distfiles from /usr/ports to /root/git so rm -Rf /usr/ports
mv ports /usr/ports and then mv distfiles folder back into /usr/ports

portmaster -a <- will update you...
mergemaster -iFU
isnt that hard if you know what files your reading and the differences: maybe keep theirs,
but write yours()_:

@Head_on_a_Stick
@blackhole
:
I only am experiencing a Compile Issue for the xf86-video-intel which
im theorizing is a Compiler Issue.. where its using GCC and not LLVM/CLANG
as i hear this ad music behind me.... its nice to see my video card not destroying my ram...

Last edited by daserius; 12th March 2024 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Editing to relay the information back
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th March 2024
Bitchy Nerd Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by daserius View Post
Does anyone know the Build and Configuration Steps for EGL to Work Properly
for Intel Iris 640 Plus... ??? like building in reverse-stack order im assuming will get
it to say its supported im just not aware of whch what to do first<- i know xf86-video-intel is having build-issues
The Intel DDX driver probably won't work very well for that hardware anyway, just use X's built-in modesetting driver instead. It uses Glamor & DRI3 by default, unlike xf86-video-intel.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th March 2024
Spam Deminer

Completely remove x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel and it should use modesetting.

Build or install the latest drm kernel module and firmware from /usr/ports/graphics/ or install via pkg(8)
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th March 2024
Spam Deminer

@daserius: It's best to start a new thread, rather than resurrecting an old one.

Also best to make a new reply to the thread instead of editing in a reply in your previous post. I spotted that purely by chance, as I decided to review your post again in order to clarify if you're running -STABLE, and it seems you are.

If you want a solid and predictable system, it's best to avoid -STABLE and -CURRENT. As a rule of thumb, if you have to ask a lot of questions on a forum, then you're probably best to stick with -RELEASE.

You haven't stated why you want to compile xf86-video-intel. It's best to use modesetting. The former is only for situations (e.g. old hardware) were modesetting is causing trouble.
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th March 2024
*The-Attentative* -

Default :()

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
@daserius: It's best to start a new thread, rather than resurrecting an old one.

Also best to make a new reply to the thread instead of editing in a reply in your previous post. I spotted that purely by chance, as I decided to review your post again in order to clarify if you're running -STABLE, and it seems you are.

If you want a solid and predictable system, it's best to avoid -STABLE and -CURRENT. As a rule of thumb, if you have to ask a lot of questions on a forum, then you're probably best to stick with -RELEASE.

You haven't stated why you want to compile xf86-video-intel. It's best to use modesetting. The former is only for situations (e.g. old hardware) were modesetting is causing trouble.
Oh forget about it it works perfectly even using the kde 6 beta 2 I only am missing a broadcom-ac
support card, and a cirrus logic dolphin series interface/card/combo thats
in the iMac 2017:
Running Xorg from the Command-line i think works when the DDX drivers installed.
then i saw they were working on it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqpn...YXQgZnVubnk%3D and i

#Update: "ive since brushed up on background information such as Operating a PDP-8 and
loading OS/8 and the Introductory Lessons like learning what Base-8 is how it works
etc so you can read --The-Chart-Of-Numbers:

Last edited by daserius; 1 Week Ago at 07:44 PM.
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th March 2024
Administrator

Thread split!