DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > General software and network

General software and network General OS-independent software and network questions, X11, MTA, routing, etc.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th February 2024
Shell Scout

Default Modem throws CME ERROR 50 (incorrect parameters) on ATH1

I have a Huawei 3372 USB modem on which i try to initiate and pick up phone calls. SMS sending works perfectly, but when i try to dial by "ATD*****;"it says "NO CARRIER" and what is even more problematic is when i see the incoming call and tell the modem to "ATH1", then it tells me "CME ERROR: 50" (incorrect parameters).

Internet said, set the PIN, set the APN. Setting the PIN said "CME ERROR: 3" (operation not allowed) and setting the APN yielded nothing. The NO CARRIER message brought up some "not connected" topics, but if it is not connected, then how can it send SMS and how can i phone it, see the incoming call from the messages and hung it up? Because "ATH0" (hung up) works. I can break the phone call. I only can not pick it up.

Any ideas are appreciated. (I can live with that if i cannot dial, but i need to pick up calls.)
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th February 2024
Administrator

Don't you have the initialize the modem first?
Code:
AT&F&D2&C
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th February 2024
Shell Scout

No, that did not changed anything. (And sending SMS, or hanging up worked OOB.) It turned out however, that i have to pick up the phone with "ATA", not "ATH1".
But after "ATA" and "AT^DDSETEX=2", when i do "cat /dev/ttyUSB1 | aplay -f S8" (or "S16_LE", or "S16_BE"), there is no sound from the computer (which is not surprising, "cat /dev/ttyUSB1" shows, that nothing comes in) and a very strange waterlike sound comes out from the phone. Commands "AT+CLIP=1", "AT+CRC=1" and "AT+CNMI=1,2" did not help.
Perhaps because of voice status? If i do "AT^CVOICE=?", it says "^CVOICE: (0)" and both "AT^CVOICE=1" and "AT^CVOICE=0" simply says ERROR.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th February 2024
Administrator

You can read the complete https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayes_AT_command_set article. But doesn't your modem come with a manual?

If you are connected you have to use [b]+++[/b} by a 1 second pause before you can issue AT commands. I am afraid that is all the help I can give you.

OpenBSD still seems to have the minicom program that you use to figure out those commands. See https://openports.pl/path/comms/minicom
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th February 2024
Shell Scout

Thanks, i had the command list, i just overlooked ATA (i was looking for "pick up" which was ATH1). No, the modem is just an USB dongle, no manuals.

I give these commands by hand via picocom, so the device got way more time than 1 second. Also sending SMS worked and now picking up works too, so i think it is not an initialization problem. It seems, that the voice support on this modem is broken: hardware is able, but the firmware is not. But thanks anyway.
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th February 2024
Administrator

There are manuals in PDF format online. Just could not find one on the official Huawei site(s)
Also found some issues with Mac OS, which is much alike FreeBSD.

Tags
ath1, cme error 50, pick up call, usb modem