DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th November 2009
New User

Default [SOLVED]DJBware ports on 4.6-stable (i386) config question

Hello.

I've been successfully running DJB's software (daemontools, ucspi-tcp and djbdns) on OpenBSD since 4.3, always installing from source according to the instructions from djb's web pages (link not allowed).

However, I am unsuccessfully trying to configure after the install through Arnaud Bergeron's unofficial ports, published on misc_at_openbsd_dot_org on 2008-07-04 DJBware ports (link is not allowed to new users like me so I had to remove it).

Since the discussion at the above link referred the ports as normalized, I assume I shouldn't follow the DJB's instructions, shouldn't create users and shouldn't create /services directory. But I am apparently doing something wrong.

Moreover, there are freedt and ucspi-unix in ports, but djbdns still have damontools and ucspi-tcp as dependencies in djbdns-1.05 port. Therefore, there is no possibility (at least to my limited knowledge) to install only djbdns and start it through /etc/rc.local

I would appreciate all comments and suggestions, for which I am grateful in advance.

Last edited by persistent_ignoramus; 13th November 2009 at 09:46 PM. Reason: solved
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th November 2009
More noise than signal

Here is the thread, from the ports@ mailing list, not the misc@ mailing list:

http://marc.info/?t=121483509300008&r=1&w=2

To "normalize" means to adapt the unique djb file locations to OpenBSD's hier(7) architecture.

You are correct, you should not create djb directory structures.

But since that port was created more than 15 months ago, I would contact Arnaud and see if there are updates, and get any advice he may have for a 4.6 user.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th November 2009
Administrator

I have a couple of scripts to install daemontools and djbdns on OpenBSD.

Because it is quite a while since I actually used them I will have to dig them up from a backup and test them on a new installation of an OpenBSD snapshot.

If you can wait a couple of hours I will post them with in the Howto section here
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th November 2009
New User

Default solved!

I've solved it.

The problem was that root account has not had the path to daemontools utilities in /usr/local/sbin. When I've solved it, it only took to follow the instructions from DJB' web pages, the same as required for installation from source.