DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 27th July 2008
Port Guard

Default Properly sending dmesg to dmesg@

I recently sent my dmesg to dmesg@ and it looks like I missed part of the FAQ for sending via a different email client . It was text-formatted at least, so I managed to get 1/4 correct. Here are the rules from the FAQ that I missed and would like to fix for the next time:
  • Turn off any forced line break feature. Many email clients are configured to insert line breaks at 72 columns (the norm for mailing lists).
  • Make sure your email client does not reformat messages into "text-flow" nonsense.
  • Do not send the dmesg output as file attachment. Put the dmesg output into the body of the message.
I looked around in my email client's settings (Evolution 2.22.3.1) that I used to send from another box. I can't find any option to remove the breaks at line 72 and even found some post on a mailing list suggesting that this was a hard-coded value that could not be changed. I have no idea what "text-flow" means. Lastly, I did attach the dmesg, which in this case might be better as it was not wrapped. I believe fixing the line wrapping would make adding the dmesg inline work properly.

Is it possible to disable wrapping in Evolution? Can anyone confirm that just sending an email as plain text from Gmail.com works properly? If not, what email client should I be using?