DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th May 2009
Port Guard

Default Undefined function in OpenBSD

This may be all BSDs and may be better suited for a different area on the board such as general programming so I apologize if it's out of place. Here is my issue.

I compile a lot of stuff on OpenBSD andi am usually able to get it going. Recently I tried to compile the R statistics package which is not in ports/packages. I downloaded the code from their site. It all compiles fine but dies in the linking phase. What i see is an undefined reference to the function __isfinitel. This function is declared as 'extern' in math.h. The problem is at link time i do not see this function in any shared library. I grep the system and I don't see it in source or binary, just the extern declaration in math.h. Now the function __isfinite is define in all those places as well as included in libc.a and others. It seems the difference between these two similar named functions is the numeric precision they use. I am running 4.4. I can post output from all this if needed.
Thanks all for your time.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th May 2009
Rc.conf Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeakSauceIII View Post
Recently I tried to compile the R statistics package which is not in ports/packages.
That is NOT true. R is ported to OpenBSD!
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th May 2009
More noise than signal

It's math/R -- the package for 4.4 is R-2.6.2p2.tgz, for 4.5 it's R-2.8.0.tgz, and -current is at 2.8.1.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 20th May 2009
Port Guard

Nice, the port would have saved me about a week so i wish i would have posted sooner. I did get it going though by changing a header file. It does seem that isfinitel is not implemented in openbsd. Am i wrong on that? The header i changed basically was checking to see if the finite functions would be built with math.h or the built in R math header. Having it use the R files worked. In the end i appreciate what i learned about building stuff on openbsd though.

thanks for your help.
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 20th May 2009
More noise than signal

Ports are just the infrastructure to build the 3rd party apps from their source. This scaffolding may include OpenBSD specific patches. Looking at the -current tree for math/R, I see 8 patches: http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvswe...ath/R/patches/

Several of these affect library selections/lookups.