DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > NetBSD > NetBSD Package System (pkgsrc)

NetBSD Package System (pkgsrc) Installation and upgrading of packages on NetBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd March 2011
Port Guard

Default No multimedia/adobe-flash-plugin or www/firefox-bin-flash...

The flash plugins can't be found when trying to download them, so I'm trying to get it working the way I did when I was using Linux and I installed the newest version of Adobe's site.
I would just unpack their tar.gz and get the libflashplayer.so file, then put that in the mozilla plugins directory. But using NetBSD, I don't have any such directory. I even tried making a Plugins/ directory in /usr/pkg/lib/firefox/Plugins and putting it there, but that doesn't work.
What should I do about the Flash plugin for Firefox?
What are you supposed to do with the libflashplayer.so from Adobe's tar.gz? I have Linux emulation installed, should I just install it from one of Adobe's other installation versions, like the RPM version?