DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 3rd November 2013
Port Guard

Default FreeBSD jail inherited user accounts and env variables

I'm having an issue setting up a FreeBSD jail where the jail is inheriting user accounts from the host. The problem is that the $HOME environment variable for one of the inherited user accounts being overridden by the host value. No changes that I make to the /etc/passwd file in the jail make any difference. This is causing problem because when the user logs in via SSH, the shell cannot be set to the proper home directory.

Does anyone know how to fix or workaround this problem?

Using FreeBSD 9.1.x on FreeNAS.

Update: I noticed that this problem only occurs when creating a jail of type "portsjail". User accounts are not inherited when creating a standard jail.

Last edited by sysfu; 3rd November 2013 at 05:47 PM.

Tags
freenas, jail, variable