DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th June 2008
New User

Default FreeBSD 7.0 Writing large amount to USB Disc cause kernel panic

Can some one point in the right direction for a USB 2.0 Disc (500Gb) problem with filesystem corruption and kernel panic after writing let's say, 50Gb to it?

After using google, I found some general problem describtions that match my own but none mention a solution or way to circumvent this problem. I am a fairly unexperienced FreeBSD user and have no in-depth knowledge on how the USB subsystem works.

One very annoying side effect lies within the networking capabilities, they seem to shutdown the moment a kernel panic occurs (this is probably wanted behaviour) but since it's an remote machine you will probably see my problem.

g_vfs_done() writes out errors 6 and 16, but I can't seem to find their meaning in the proper source files...

It seems to be contained to FreeBSD version 7.0, lot's of different website make a notion like the site below...

http://www.nabble.com/7.0-problem-w....html#a15895952
--
After some more research; it only seems to happen with the default EHCI device driver... don't know if there are other USB 2.0 options...

Tags
freebsd, usb 2.0, write