DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Everything else.

Old 22nd June 2008
Spam Deminer

Was it the connecting computer that was running XP or the coffemaker itself? or both?

I remember years ago in an MCSE class (ugh... I still can't get the taste out of my mouth) talk about one day that even our refrigerators would have IP addresses... no one could point to why that would actually be useful, of course. But since it was before the days of a security-focused internet, no one really challenged the notion, either. I see the same concept here in this product- lame reasoning for the functionality, but now that times have changed the best way to point out the lameness of it all is to just go ahead and hack the doggone thing.