DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > General software and network

General software and network General OS-independent software and network questions, X11, MTA, routing, etc.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th January 2009
Port Guard

Default D-link (DI-524) router

I recently bought D-link (DI-524) router and I have following problem. I setup the network and its running smoothly no problem.. but there is a minor problem that I need to solve. Users can access each other documents etc. but they cannot access each other trough web browser using IP address. One of users have apache and php installed and others are ought to access that user and collect data from it trough web browser. any ideas what might solve this problem. the website above shows 100 % same as router configuration interface. thank you
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th January 2009
Banned

Perhaps I'm not comprehending your question..

But a router doesn't filter LAN activity.. all client systems can communicate with each other unconditionally.

Are you saying they cannot contact this host via private addresses (rfc1918) or your ISP assigned public IP address?
  • If the former, tell the host to configure the server properly.. either the host is running a firewall of it's own (like pf), or the actual daemon is disallowing connections.
  • Or the latter.. forward port 80 using the "Virtual Server" feature of that router.

I must ask though; why did you decide to use an embedded device like that.. when BSD can do the job quite nicely?

Good luck..
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 26th January 2009
Spam Deminer

... so OP, you're saying that you didn't have this problem before you installed this router?

What makes you think it's the router causing the problem?
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 26th January 2009
Port Guard

Quote:
But a router doesn't filter LAN activity.. all client systems can communicate with each other unconditionally.
I might forgot to mention, its the wireless network that I'm having problem with.. the users can access each others files and folders but can't access each other trough web browser using IP(ex: 192.168.0.1) everything is internal, the router is not even online yet ... The idea is simple behind this, there is like 200.000 records in mysql database of one user connected to the router. All other need to access it at the same time in order to do their work properly, so we've setup a website who is extracting that information from mysql. So the user1 having mysql database at his computer has ex: 192.168.0.5 , so all other user should access http://192.168.0.5 to get access to the web application and to collect data. User1 has installed apache, php and mysql no problem about that. Does anybody have experience with this particular router here is the same exactly configuration as on this router.
Quote:
I must ask though; why did you decide to use an embedded device like that.. when BSD can do the job quite nicely?
They were sick of tripping on the cables all the time, thats why I decided wi-fi .

thank you for your answers