DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > General software and network

General software and network General OS-independent software and network questions, X11, MTA, routing, etc.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 21st July 2014
Port Guard

Default DMA with user accounts stored in a database

Hi All,

It is possible to configure Dragonfly Mail Agent (DMA) to transfer mail between user accounts that are stored in a database rather than between traditional UNIX system accounts?

What I meant is within the setup that I’m looking for, user accounts are nothing more than just entries within a database table called “UserAccounts” or “EmailAccounts”.

Is this possible with DMA or maybe OpenSMTPD? If so, where can I read up on how to perform such a setup? I’ve been trying to find out as much as possible on this topic but so far found nothing helpful.

Jtf

(Edit) P.S. I've just realised that is thread should have been placing in the "General software and network" section rather then the "Other BSD and UNIX/UNIX-like" section. Sorry for this.

Last edited by Jtf; 21st July 2014 at 06:36 AM. Reason: thread should have been placing in the "General software and network" section rather then the "Other BSD and UNIX/UNIX-like"
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 21st July 2014
More noise than signal

The answer is "yes" for OpenSMTPd. You can define virtual users in a multitude of ways, and route the associated mail to mbox, maildir, or program. One of the simplest for mbox/maildir use by virtual users is the Userinfo table.

See smtpd.conf(5), table(5), and makemap(8).
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd July 2014
Port Guard

Hi jggimi

Thanks for the help. I'll get to reading those man pages as well as looking up more about virtual users.

Also and once again, I apologize for creating this trend in the wrong section of the forum. Thanks for moving this thread to the correct section.