DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Everything else.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th January 2024
Administrator

Default How missing basic genetic knowledge can ruin your marriage

A few days ago when I searching for something on reddit I stumbled on this: https://www.reddit.com/r/AITAH/s/7fMaUjg771

TLDR; When a brown haired and brown eyed couple become parents of a blond hair baby with blue eyes, the father accuses the mother of adultery and demands a paternity test. He moves out of the house for two weeks until the results came in. Read the OP for the ensuing drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Zappa
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

Last edited by J65nko; 16th January 2024 at 04:07 AM.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th January 2024
Fdisk Soldier

old.reddit link for those interested : https://old.reddit.com/r/AITAH/comme...ld_you_so_and/

Just by reading this text this man does not seem very bright and quite temperamental.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th January 2024
Spam Deminer

Amazes me how stupid and selfish some people can be - and then when faced with the full revelation of their own stupidity, continue down the same path to yet more stupidity in order to save face.

You also see this quite often where stupidity is blindly defended by the equally stupid.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th January 2024
Package Pilot

There is no info what country this took place in, but I have to assume it was the US.

When I was young, we were taught about how genetic info was passed down to a child, teacher would draw charts back 4+ generations. The examples used were Blue Eyes.

This was in Junior High (middle school now). After the lessons, we would all kind of understand what happened to this couple and it can happen to anyone.

Of course, since then, public school funding has been cut down so much, a lot of things we were taught is no longer taught. Now it seems the focus is more like training kids for the work force (and religion in some places) instead of real knowledge and how to learn.

So I am not really surprised by this.
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 20th January 2024
Administrator

What surprises me, is that the husband did not ask any medical professional, for example, his family doctor about it.