DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Everything else.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th March 2012
Banned

Default Understanding and Community

Developers are human and limited with what they can do. I forget this at times and I work with developers. I call myself a low level user.

It's amazing the patience the entire BSD community has had with me.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th March 2012
bsdstudent

Tolerating newbies prattlings and inconsistencies while providing help .. for the promethean torch to remain lit .. I feel ashamed of the slow pace I am moving at .. and forgetfully expecting solutions to every single issue be provided right away .. lol ..?!
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th March 2012
bsdstudent

For newbies, forums like Daemonforums act actually as a safety bridge to attain a higher level .. gradually .. and this is important as highest level developpers are not logically supposed to deal directly with low evel users .. not a kind of uppisheness .. but rather an organizational necessity for things to run smooth .. and for discourse to remain mostly understandible .. newbies differ in how they use/understand the faqs .. some of them get dedaemonized when they fail to understand a portion of a faq .. some come here and there and get needed information in an attenuated form that suits their level .. and step by step they imbue something we might call "survival *BSD knowldge" necessary to follow along the path .. using .. testing .. contributing .. :-)

Last edited by daemonfowl; 31st March 2012 at 01:29 AM.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th March 2012
Banned

I look for multiple solutions to multiple problems.

1. What can the machine be used for?
2. What can be done to improve the machine?

A single solution to anything is not good enough; there is too much bias.At least two solutions gives us a choice.

Working with a single architecture or a single operating system skews the results. There needs to be at least two.

How can I compare these?

Above everything else, I need to ask why.
Why? Which reason is the catalyst for my actions and decisions in the process?

Okay, I want to improve things; to make it easier for people.
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 31st March 2012
bsdstudent

Thanks Ninguem ! cool brainstorming !
starting from where you ended , Steve Jobs and company made an effort to make cyberlife easier .. a japanese old lady thanked him live , for making easier her life .. but someone else needs more than just that and keeps asking if ever the OS is reliable and secure .. so we centrifugally diverge according to our respective aims,expectations,walks of life, .. etc and then we centripetally meet again as net-users .. some know what they want and have a clear prospect .. some others are using what's available/cheap/easy/beneficial .. a third category may include those still in search of an ideal OS that does x in a better way y .. x changes with time because the human condition is marked by instability .. so the choice y is gonna change accordingly .. some would argue that the more an idea/principle is strong the more it resists change .. one's boulomaic world -world of desire- may influence one's decisions .. love design and you'll find yourself using mac .. if your deontic world -world of obligation- wins over your boulomaic world .. then you are gonna commit yourself to something you have to be using to fulfill your mission even if you don't like it .. but here the question at issue comes up : to what extent would one be goot at doing something they don't like ? just feel they have to do it , every day , every night ..
Remains a third world : the epistemic world , or the world of knowledge .. the more you know about something , the more you succeed in making it useful to you and/or to the rest of the world .. this is the kingdom of the wise .. some of the wise have one more extra-feature : benevolence/generosity .. because their deontic world eclipses their boulomaic world .. others , as a matter of fact, are driven by the latter to trade all ideals .. I must confess that the BSDs fit into the first category .. :-)