DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > General Hardware

General Hardware General hardware related questions.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th March 2011
Port Guard

Default Wireless router with USB port/longest battery life?

Hi, I'm looking for a router that has a USB port for my 3G internet card (which is USB) so that several cell phones can connect to the router for wifi internet during a trip with no power outlets except the occasional stop where I will be able to recharge once every 8-10 hours or so.

Obviously I'm aware that there probably aren't any small laptops that last for 12 hours on battery life, but if it helps, it won't be used at all except to broadcast the wifi signal.

Of course I'm asking for a router because I would like to enable WPA2 protection on it as well. It would also be preferred if it wasn't a huge 15" laptop or something, something that can fit inside a small computer bag.

If necessary, I am ready to install OpenBSD on the laptop/router (I am only familiar with OpenBSD out of the other BSD variants).