Go Back   DaemonForums > DaemonForums.org > News

News News regarding BSD and related.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th April 2012
Administrator

Default Chrome is the most secured browser - new study

From http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/12...urity_bakeoff/

Quote:
Google Chrome offers more protection against online attacks than any other mainstream browser, according to an evaluation that compares exploit mitigations, malicious link detection, and other safety features offered in Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox.

The 102-page report, prepared by researchers from security firm Accuvant, started with the premise that buffer overflow bugs and other security vulnerabilities were inevitable in any complex piece of software. Rather than relying on metrics such as the number of flaws fixed or the amount of time it took to release updates, the authors examined the practical effect protections included by default in each browser had on a wide class of exploits.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 6th April 2012
Spam Deminer

I had my suspicions the company was a subsidiary or related in some way to Google. Although that wasn't true, the fact the study was "commissioned by Google" answers any questions.

Adding the company was free to report anything they want is disingenuous at best. If a NFL draftee is going to be inking a $50 million contract the player doesn't say bad things about the team paying him; which could also affect free agency since an owner would know erroneous comments could be aimed next at his team by the player.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 6th April 2012
bsdstudent

a situational irony :
Yesterday I read this and so decided to install chromium (5.1 GENERIC.MP#230 i386) .. when I started it , my pc froze !! I've no more desire to use it .. firefox/opera might crash at times but I don't recall they once caused the system to freeze ..