DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th May 2009
Arp Constable

Default sound in linux apps that need ALSA

Exact problem: RELENG_7 with linux versions of flash 9 with linux opera 9 and bsd firefox 3; linux base is f8, the alsa-libs and opera plugins for linux ports are also installed. Flash gives video but no sound.

Does anyone know how I can setup alsa.conf and friends to work with my laptops sound card? FreeBSD supports it through snd_atiixp and it works *perfectly*, but making it work through the ALSA crap... may be a bit of a different story.

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.

Last edited by TerryP; 28th May 2009 at 09:09 AM.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 29th May 2009
Port Guard

i think SirDice had a post on this on the freebsd forums, BUT, i cant seem to get to them since last night so i cant post a link.