DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 21st December 2012
Port Guard

Default NGINX/PHP-FPM wordpress issue

I've configured and installed a virtual host and installed php-fpm from the packages and have managed to get wordpress up successfully without issue. It's incredibly fast but I'm having an issue with PHP and network connectivitiy.

I'm receiving the following error:
Code:
 php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: temporary failure in name resolution
I suspect it's because php-fpm and nginx are in a chroot environment. I've scoured google groups and the NGINX forums and have found that indeed it's the chroot environment that is the cause of the issue however I'm not sure which or libraries are needed to get this to work. I find threads pertaining to linux and even solaris but not OpenBSD It is causing issues with some of my CSS style sheets and other problems with the Wordpress app.

If anyone has gotten WP working in a chroot environment before that has any direction for me it would be most appreciated.

FYI, I have copied the resolv.conf and hosts files over the /var/www/etc as well and it doesn't seem to work.