DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th August 2010
New User

Default Problems with TinyMCE / Wordpress

Hi there,

I've been searching and testing a long distance but couldn't find any solution for this problem yet.

OpenBSD ist used as a webserver with virtual hosts and all webs are running like charm; only some CMS have troubles - obviously by the hardening php patch - to work like they should.

On Wordpress for example no Editor (TinyMCE) ist available; I've been using the latest three Versions without success so far. - Does anyone knows a hint for this or just an entry for .htaccess to resolve this problem?

I would be very glad to got a solution for this.

Best regards
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th August 2010
New User

By the way - on older versions of Openbsd i never got this problems; actual i use 4.6 and moved some webs on the new system - then the problems began...

Perhaps anyone else has had this problems as well...
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th August 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampler View Post
By the way - on older versions of Openbsd...
A few questions:
  • Did you install tinyMCE through the package/ports system or elsewhere?
  • You mention using different versions of OpenBSD. Were you using the same package of tinyMCE on all versions of OpenBSD? Or did you use the version of tinyMCE specific to OpenBSD version?
  • CVS information on tinyMCE has not changed since 2008:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvswe...upal5/tinyMCE/

Are you using Drupal5 or 6? Did you change when moving to a newer version of OpenBSD?
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th August 2010
New User

Thanks for your reply!

Everything on the system is installed by packages; php as well as extensions like gd and so on. Wordpress itself was installed the other way: Download and install routine from the original website.

When i moved this Blog from an older version of OpenBSD to the new one i noticed that the editor was gone. First thinking of an mistake by me i waited for the next Update of Wordpress, and the next :-)

It doesn't change - and even a brand new install of Wordpress didn't had any success. At the end i think it is just an PHP option that is denied, or somethind that has to do with the php.ini so far. When login in the backend it's said that ")" ist missing and further more TinyMC is not defined - so i would think that something isn't parsed right?

I did'nt change anything from the default install of the server so far - I would think that some more users would have had this situation so far...
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th August 2010
Arp Constable

As far as I know, TinyMCE is supposed to come with Wordpress. If you're getting an error message like that, you should probably switch on error/warning reporting to the max, and see if it offers more details.

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th August 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampler View Post
When i moved this Blog from an older version of OpenBSD to the new one i noticed that the editor was gone.
In OpenBSD's packages/ports system, tinyMCE 1.9 can be installed through the Drupal5 package. It is not part of Drupal6, however, it appears you are bypassing OpenBSD's package/ports system altogether.

It also appears that the version which was available in the packages/ports system is quite old, as the current version is 3.3.

I suspect no one here will have any information on porting the current version. My suggestion is to contact Marc Espie who is the maintainer of the 1.9 port. Information on his contact address can be found at the following:

http://openports.se/www/drupal5/tinyMCE
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th August 2010
New User

Sorry for the long delay - now i'm back to work.

Meanwhile i found a solution (more a hack) which works so far. I added a line:

// Fix TinyMCE error
define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false );

on the wp-config.php which makes the TinyMC work again. I don't know what
this is supporting what PHP from the packages doesn't support, but it works...