DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd August 2008
Port Guard

Question Few questions about server(openSSH, apache ,) and no-ip.com

Hello,
I decided to try to run my own server on freebsd for myself. Just for test and maybe for my own use in future we will see. But I have few questions. For my website I will use Apache v 1.3. Or maybe I should choose the newest version? I have a book how to configure 1.3v so I think I can make it. But I have a little problems with openSSH. First I have to install it. But it is a version for FreeBSD? I have found openSSH portable but to use it I must run it with linux compatibility. And those programs openSLL and Zlib but I will to compile them as a linux programs too? So even if I run them they will be working? And to have ssh and ftp openSSH is a good choice? I am beginner so if U have any clues or sth or mayby U know software which will be batter and easier to use? And one more question I have dynamic IP but I found solution of this problem. I found site no-ip and dyndns. But which of them is easier to use and free for not commercial use. And if it will be runing on FreeBSD with no poblems it would be great
Regards
Artur

Last edited by latorion; 2nd August 2008 at 09:00 PM.