DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading

OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading OpenBSD.

Old 21st June 2019
parrot

Just now checked, and it sure does... that is good to know now, I did not know that , but it will be usefull in the future. thanks
New User

So guys, I've been testing what you suggested recentely and I was somewhat successful. I managed to make the installer "load" my install.conf after I created a webserver on my host system as GarryR and J65nko suggested. After creating a VM and choosing autoinstall method I just had to enter the IP address of the webserver and it began installing. The only problem was that the installation got stuck at "allow root to ssh login". It just stopped there. Probably my fault. Maybe I just messed something up when creating my install.conf. I'll try to solve it by myself.

Anyways, thank you guys for everything. I'll try everything once again and I'll ask here again in case of any problem.
Old 25th June 2019
parrot

First check your install.conf file, make sure everything is in the right order, on the "allow root ssh login",
I left it out, since the default response is no, and that is what I wanted, it appears it will use the default if there is no response.
Try again, it did still take me a few tries to get it right.. If it hangs, or "just stops", go to a shell, and see if there is any logs, in /tmp/i/log (something like that, I don't remember on that, but on mine that log was use full, as it did show why it stopped, and where. ...
'man autoinstall'
Quote:
If autoinstall does not find an answer in the response file, the default
answer as provided by the installer is used.
You are getting closer though, just keep trying.

Last edited by PapaParrot; 25th June 2019 at 10:35 PM.

Tags
autoinstall, guide, install.conf, not working, openbsd