DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd February 2020
Fdisk Soldier

Default kenel panic, assert failure

Hello,

I have been encountering system freeze/lock for few weeks now on OBSD 6.6 on a thinkpad x230.
Usually, I press the power button for 1sec, this trigger the shutdown procedure and everything shuts down smoothly. My problem is that sometimes I end up in tty1 and there is this line that I had to hand-write since the system was locked:
Code:
panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "curcpu()->ci_inatomic == 0" failed: file "/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/drm/incude/linux/uaccess.h", line83
I have to hard halt the system, and so I have the fsck on next reboot.

This also triggered when I unplugged my earbuds's jack. Yes! kernel panic while unplugging earbuds.
One day, I had access to ddb but could not do much with it (except play hangman) since I am no system dev.
As a test, after browsing today, I closed everything then wanted to use the mouse in Xfce4 to logout/shutdown the computer. The system locked when I clicked. I did not end up in the tty this time, I was only stuck on the desktop with frozen mouse/keyboard.

Possible explanation are that I had enabled HW acceleration for firefox and used it to browse a lot of youtubve or streaming like heavy websites. I just disabled HW accel., let's see how it goes.
I used to see a lot of "atomic" warnings with my X220. I never understood what those were.

Any though on this?

P.S.: I am always late to do my search. See the exact message (expect I usually have more message above this one) and the bug already reported.
https://6-28.mastodon.xyz/media_atta...f17290c0ee.jpg
http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabbl...-td371272.html
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd February 2020
More noise than signal

As far as I can tell, the bug was reported to ports@ but not to bugs@ as requested in the archive thread you linked. You might want to submit your own report to bugs@.