DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading

OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th May 2008
Port Guard

Unhappy RAID array not recognized on new Intel server

I've been trying to install OpenBSD-AMD64 (4.2) on an Intel SR1530ALHX server with a C2D CPU, 4G RAM and two Seagate 500G hard drives set up in a mirrored RAID configuration.

However when OpenBSD boots up I don't see my array in the list of drives I can install to. I can install to drive 0 or drive 1, but not to the array. When I installed FreeBSD I do see the array listed as my "third option".

The server has an Intel S3000AH motherboard (3000 chipset). In the BIOS I can change the SATA controller (two options: LSI and Intel Storage Matrix), but neither option seems to make a difference when it comes to OpenBSD recognizing the array.

I'd still like to use OpenBSD, but obviously I don't want to do without the array. Does 4.3 support the RAID controller(s) on this motherboard? Does anyone else have some experience and/or tips regarding this sort of situation?

Tags
openbsd intel s300ah raid