DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Everything else.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 31st December 2008
Spam Deminer

Default Changing Workflow Apps

As you guys know, I run Mac OS X and FreeBSD. I'm in college so my needs have been changing. Apart from the techie stuff, I like to do a lot of artwork and photography. Before, I used to use OpenOffice, Gimp, Inkscape, and so on. Ever since I've been running OS X, I've been migrating to proprietary applications on the Mac and I've been finding that they work a lot better. For photography/art workflow, Photomatix, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom are seamless and awesome. For schoolwork, I need Office and Office Mac 2008 works very well. So, apart from the basic stuff, my FreeBSD machine isn't as productive as I'd like it to be apart from CS stuff and general computing tasks. So, how would you guys tackle this issue? I've tried doing VNC sessions of OS X on FreeBSD, which have worked relatively well, but like the session isn't independent which is a problem.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 1st January 2009
Arp Constable

Buy another Mac, or find a way to live with a cheaper Darwin-based OS in place of booting FreeBSD on the machine.

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.