DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 29th August 2017
Port Guard

Default Issue with PostgreSQL 9.6.2 and Perl on OpenBSD 6.1

Hello,

I'm attempting to "upgrade" to 6.1 and I'm having issues with the Perl extensions in PostgreSQL. This is a new machine and OpenBSD 6.1 is working fine otherwise. I've reproduced the error 3 times on different machines now. It happens on every 6.1 we install.

Code:
Util.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched (got handshake key 0xcd80000, needed 0xca80000)
I get this anytime I attempt to use the Perl extensions (plperlu). Trying to "install" them using "CREATE EXTENSION plperlu;" into a database raises the error too.

Not finding a lot on the web. One gentleman thinks it is a handshake function added in Perl 5.24 that scans all the libraries for mismatches.

I've downloaded the src and ports for OpenBSD 6.1, but I've never worked with them. Scanning them for PostgreSQL only finds the port. I can't find PostgreSQL in the src.

I'm not sure if I need to debug PostgreSQL, Perl, or whatever uses Util.c. My thinking was finding whatever line of code that calls this function, deleting it, recompiling it, and then seeing if the mismatch error comes up. I don't think it would.

Any ideas or suggestions to fix this is appreciated.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th August 2017
More noise than signal

I think the error message would begin "util.c:" instead of "Util.c:". You'll find the source module in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl.

Since this is repeatable, you might reach out to the port's maintainer, Pierre-Emmanuel Andre. You'll find his Email address with pkg_info(1), such as $ pkg_info postgresql-client.

I can't provide any actual help, though. I'm not a Perl programmer and I have never used PostgreSQL perl extensions.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th August 2017
Port Guard

Funny enough, it began with capital U. I noticed that too and wondered if it were a typo in the error.

Thanks for the tip for the package maintainer. I'll give him a try.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th August 2017
More noise than signal

1. You'll find the error message at line 5600 in the 6.1-release revision (revision 1.26) of util.c.

2. If you don't hear back from the maintainer directly, you could also reach out to the ports@ mailing list.
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th August 2017
Port Guard

Default Error Code 18

Ummm, I've hit a wall...

Mr. Andre kindly responded to me with a patch that would fix it.... but I'm not smart enough to use it!

I looked up some information to apply a patch, but all it keeps asking for is "File to patch:"

I'm confused. Wouldn't that information be in the patch itself?

Here is the plperlu patch.

I did follow the instructions here on how to download the src and ports information. My src is 870MB and the ports is 603M, so I believe it's complete and I noticed no errors downloading it.

Any guidance on applying a patch would be appreciated.
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th August 2017
Spam Deminer

That's a ports patch file. You don't have to apply it.

Assuming you put your ports in /usr/ports:
Drop that patch file in /usr/ports/databases/postgresql/patches/

Name it patch-src_pl_plperl_GNUmakefile

Then you have to build postgresql yourself.
Code:
cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql
make package
make install # If you are ready to install on this machine
You might run into some problems with wxallowed, so we'll see. Also it'll take a while as it builds all of it's dependencies.
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th August 2017
Port Guard

I'm hitting a wall real fast.
Code:
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details
*** Error 1 in /usr/ports/lang/python/2.7 (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2620 '/usr/ports/pobj/Python-2.7.13/.configure_done': @f...)
*** Error 1 in /usr/ports/lang/python/2.7 (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:1866 '/usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/python-2.7.13p0.tgz')
*** Error 1 in /usr/ports/lang/python/2.7 (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2365 '_internal-package')
*** Error 1 in /usr/ports/lang/python/2.7 (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2344 'package')
*** Error 1 in /usr/ports/lang/python/2.7 (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:1883 '/var/db/pkg/python-2.7.13p0/+CONTENTS')
*** Error 1 in /usr/ports/lang/python/2.7 (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2344 'install')
*** Error 1 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2000 '/usr/ports/pobj/postgresql-9.6.4/.dep-lang-python-2.7')
*** Error 1 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2442 '/usr/ports/pobj/postgresql-9.6.4/.extract_done')
*** Error 1 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:1866 '/usr/ports/packages/amd64/no-arch/postgresql-docs-9.6.4.tgz')
*** Error 1 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2365 '_internal-package')
*** Error 1 in /usr/ports/databases/postgresql (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2344 'package')
Suspecting my development environment is inadequate. Adding gcc gcc-libs, but anything else I need for development is appreciated.
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 31st August 2017
Spam Deminer

It should build and install everything you need.

Check `dmesg` and see if it's a wxallowed error.

/usr/ports/pobj needs to be on a filesystem with the wxallowed option for many ports.

Also, I forgot, try `export FETCH_PACKAGES=yes` and `export PKG_PATH= whatever your mirror is in /etc/installurl` then rerun make package. It should look for dependencies on the package mirror instead of building everything.

Tags
openbsd 6.1, perl 5.24, postgresql