DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > NetBSD > NetBSD Package System (pkgsrc)

NetBSD Package System (pkgsrc) Installation and upgrading of packages on NetBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th January 2019
Multi-OS Guy

Default Package 'dri', required by 'virtual:world', not found

Running NetBSD 8.0, I'm trying to install modular-xorg-apps. A binary pkg isn't available, so I did this:
Code:
cd /usr/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/modular-xorg-apps
sudo make bin-install
It fails trying to build dependency modular-xorg-xephyr looking for dependency dri. I can't find it with pkgin nor in pkgsrc.
Code:
checking for SHA1 implementation... libc
checking for XSERVERCFLAGS... no
configure: error: Package requirements (fixesproto >= 5.0 damageproto >= 1.1 xcmiscproto >= 1.2.0 xtrans >= 1.3.5 bigreqsproto >= 1.1.0 xproto >= 7.0.31 randrproto >= 1.5.0 renderproto >= 0.11 xextproto >= 7.2.99.901 inputproto >= 2.3 kbproto >= 1.0.3 fontsproto >= 2.1.3 pixman-1 >= 0.27.2 videoproto compositeproto >= 0.4 recordproto >= 1.13.99.1 scrnsaverproto >= 1.1 resourceproto >= 1.2.0 xf86driproto >= 2.1.0 glproto >= 1.4.17 dri >= 7.8.0 presentproto >= 1.0 xineramaproto xkbfile  pixman-1 >= 0.27.2 xfont2 >= 2.0.0 xau xshmfence >= 1.1 xdmcp) were not met:

Package 'dri', required by 'virtual:world', not found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XSERVERCFLAGS_CFLAGS
and XSERVERCFLAGS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[4]: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/x11/modular-xorg-xephyr
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[3]: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/x11/modular-xorg-xephyr
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/x11/modular-xorg-xephyr
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/modular-xorg-apps
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/modular-xorg-apps
When try to install modular-xorg-xephyr directly, it fails with,
"configure: error: threaded input requested but no pthread support has been found".
Different error. Odd. I can't find any pthread to install either.

How do I install dri and pthread?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 3rd February 2019
Package Pilot

Hadn't noticed that thread, so here's a month late reply, probably useless, but possibly worth something:

If you're going to use modular Xorg, then you'll need to tell pkgsrc to use /usr/pkg/*instead of /usr/X11R7/* as PREFIX, which will set /usr/pkg/lib as LD_LIBRARY_PATH, etc....for all packages requiring X11 shared objects and headers. This can be accomplished by appending:

Code:
X11_TYPE=modular
to your /etc/mk.conf. If you hadn't done this in the first place, before compiling everytthing else, then this would account for all the unmet X11 runtime requirements mentioned in the error log you posted above

If you set X11_TYPE=modular right now, you'll likely have to recompile most packages either way, so it would be advisable to delete all packages and start over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson
It fails trying to build dependency modular-xorg-xephyr looking for dependency dri. I can't find it with pkgin nor in pkgsrc.
[Mesa 3D] DRI is provided by graphics/MesaLib18 compiled with 'dri' build option

Hope this helps