I have one of these for sale, $75 with some drives.
Get your Windependence today!
Last month my Thinkpad broke down, and last week my desktop's mainboard stopped working. Argh :-/ I got a Zotac mini system, and I have a whole bunch of perfectly good hardware I have no more use of.
Price range from "free" to " very reasonable", provided you can actually use the item (ie. no hoarding/reselling).
Send a PM or email to email@example.com to inquire.
Salvaged from my desktop:
- 4 x 2GB DDR2 Kingston DIMM
- AMD Phenom II X4 920 CPU
- Club3D HD5750 (about 2/3 years old, at the time the fastest fanless videocard I could find)
- Scythe Kabuto CPU cooler (one of the more quiet ones)
- SeaSonic 500W PSU (quality PSU)
- Nexus real silent 120mm & 80 (or 92?)mm fan
- Aopen tower case
Salvaged from my Thinkpad:
- T61 Keyboard (US-intl), about a 2 years old (should fit most thinkpads, such as T500 etc., not sure about the newer thinkpads)
- Core 2 Duo T8300 CPU
- 4965AGN miniPCI Wifi Card
- DVD drive
- 2.5" hard drive bay (to replace the DVD-drive, so you have two drives. Hot-swappable in Windows)
I also have a whole bunch of hard disks, both 2.5 & 3.5", ranging from 80GB to 400GB. All of these are free, and were working the last time I've used them, but many have been "in storage" for two or more years, so no guarantees.
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things.
Good stuff though.
IBM e330 servers
**** FREE ****
Sorry, pick-up in TEXAS, USA (near dfw)
(4) ibm e330 servers
dual hot swap scsi hd slots (no hd's)
pentium III ~1.3gz?
single power supply
All work great with OpenBSD
One may need optical drive
One may need battery.
Last edited by frcc; 1 Week Ago at 05:41 PM. Reason: clean-up posting
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PHP~MYSQL - Get list of all the fields within a table||cksraj||Programming||2||22nd April 2009 05:57 AM|
|List of users connected by sftp.||amscotti||OpenBSD General||7||1st April 2009 07:26 PM|
|Hardware recommendation: what hardware to buy for my new FreeBSD desktop?||Broodjegehaktmetmayo||General Hardware||92||11th February 2009 10:43 PM|
|How to get a list of volumes?||PeterSteele||Programming||12||17th July 2008 09:32 AM|
|Command to list all installed ports?||windependence||FreeBSD Ports and Packages||2||13th May 2008 11:10 AM|