From the authors website:
Network Administration with FreeBSD 7 is the book that I have been working on for past year. And now it is published by Packt and is available for purchase from various bookstores.
This book is something that I have book looking for since I started with FreeBSD back in 1997. I needed a practical book with working examples of how to optimize your FreeBSD installation for various types of applications. And I never found that book, until I recently decided to write one.
"Network Administration with FreeBSD 7" is unique in several ways:
* I tried to cover the exciting new features and improvements introduced in FreeBSD 7
* It is full of tips and tricks on how to optimize your installation from optimizing disk I/O, network, virtual memory, etc.
* It covers IPv4 and IPv6 configuration as well and bridging and routing in FreeBSD
* It has working examples of different IPSec, GRE, PPP and GIF scenarios
* I tried to cover Jail virtualization in working real world examples
* Keeping your system up to date and customizing system for specific applications is thoroughly covered
I tried to stop telling stories in the book and give more real world examples instead, so reading this book would not make you smile ;-)
Review (So far):
Very good reference for seasoned admins or those wanting to delve deeper in to FreeBSD. You can start utilizing topics right out of the box.