DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > DaemonForums.org > News

News News regarding BSD and related.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th September 2014
ISO Quartermaster

Default WebRTC and Open H.264 codec becomes mainstream

Hello
From Wikipedia: WebRTC (Web Real-Time Communication) is an API definition drafted by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) that supports browser-to-browser applications for voice calling, video chat, and P2P file sharing without plugins.

Now it found their way into Firefox. Sorry for images from Windows version, but Linux version of Aurora is too buggy for me.

33.a2

34.a2

I hope this will become competitive solution for Skype and Facebook for avarage users.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th September 2014
Banned

I was working on porting this - and other parts of Google's build environment - when my laptop died on me. It just went kaput after running a jail, VPS, and testing UDPLite on FreeBSD.
The programmers at Google didn't document the process; and, therefore it was lost, so to say.
What one needs to do is build a system with similar - and not the exact same - applications and libraries so that it mirrors and emulates the Google environment.

Tags
call, communication, facebook, skype, webrtc