View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th January 2014
More noise than signal

Hello, and welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
To make things easier, i enabled multipath into sysctl.conf (tried both equal and unequal).
This is for automatic multipath routing. When set to 1 (equal), routes added with -mpath use equal cost multipath routing, and when set to 0 (not-equal), only the first path added with -mpath will be used. It is unclear how you are adding the route definitions, but if -mpath is not used with route(8), and you are using PF rules only, then the OS will not test the sysctl setting. Equal cost multipath routing is described and an example is shown in OpenBSD FAQ 6.14. You may find that example and/or the route testing methods there helpful.
Quote:
I believe it has something to do with reply-to sent to the wrong interface (?)
I would not know, as I've never used it. It's purpose is to ensure replies are sent to a specific interface, for symmetric routing enforcement, and it can only function on stateful processes.
Quote:
In parallel, i have a lot of packets losses, for an unknown reason (i log everything for now - debugging purposes)
Your many customized settings are a possible root cause. You have many timeouts set. All of these knobs are very powerful, it is possible you may have shot yourself in the foot with one of them.