View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th May 2018
New User

Default Issue with sunffb driver on Sparc64

Hello, I did a fresh install of OpenBSD 6.2 sparc64 (since upgraded to 6.3) on my Sun Ultra 10. This machine contains a Creator 3D frame buffer.

When starting X without a xorg.conf present, the Creator 3D gets correctly recognized and the sunffb driver is loaded. At this point the screen freezes (with some random yellow horizontal lines added), but X seems to start normally. I can SSH into the machine (and reboot it from console; Ctrl-Alt-Backspace doesn't work to kill X at this point) and according to the Xorg.log, everything seems fine from X's point of view (but the screen remains frozen forever).

I can get X working using the wsfb driver (using a xorg.conf with these settings http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabbl...0-td29200.html ), which gives me a working (but slow) desktop.

Searching through the forums here, I seethat there a few Sparc64 users with Creator 3D cards here. So my question to those users: Is the sunffb driver working correctly with your Creator 3D card? If yes, what extra steps were needed to get it working?