View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th August 2022
Don't Worry Be Happy!

Location: hot,dry,dusty,rainy,windy,straight winds, tornado,puts the fear of God in you-Texas
Default Runs on Old Hardware!

Run on the Amiga!, (yea a few still around, but expensive!) but, if it ran on the Commodore 64 now there are millions of those produced cheap and still around.........

I don't get it, Amiga and C-64 owners already have the newest add-ons to speed up and expand their experience. But no matter what both machines have a limited clock speed so trying to interact with the modern internet or not is a vintage experience that diminishes with either machine compared to the laptop or desktop sitting next to them. The Amiga's call to fame was its rendering ability, video and animation. Even its basic programming language at the time had the ability to speak, perform sprite animation and collisions with simple basic statements etc. The C-64 of course is more limited and geared to gazillions of very well developed classic games and music. There are over 14K music selections for the C-64 alone. The C-64 had the highest production run in history with over 10 million C-64's sold. They are now fitted with SSD's etc for both the A-500, A-1000 and A-2000. Amiga production run was much much less as the C-64 as Commodore was having financial and corporate issues at the time. I had dozens of C-64's and an Amiga 500-1000. Their video and clock speed is limited. In addition the software for the system i.e. editors, drawing, etc code is literally falling off their disks. Great so you got "X"?

I don't think there is a big market out there in the vintage world for this small piece of specialized BSD.

Its like putting a 4 bbl carburetor on a lawn mower!

As The Chinese say "Let sleeping dogs alone"

Congrats on the new versions and upgrade etc but there simply are not many Amiga's around and the cost of those and battery repair from damage and cap replacement is outrageous.. The cap problem gets worse for the C-64. In addition vintage monitors are expensive, although both can be modified, why would anyone do that?

Anyway enough rant and rave
Am I missing Something here?

Last edited by frcc; 14th August 2022 at 05:54 PM. Reason: clarity