View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 6th February 2023
Don't Worry Be Happy!

Location: hot,dry,dusty,rainy,windy,straight winds, tornado,puts the fear of God in you-Texas
Default usb teathering T-320

No worries, If you have followed my discussion in Off-Topic (data back-up schemes) you will see I probably will discontinue use of that machine. It is simply easier to use the back-up suggestions by those in the know or just continue using cd or usb backup. The T-320 would make a great machine if there was a need here. I was simply curious if it would teather as my other machines due with my Andriod device. It works very well now and in the past with sftp/ssh use with my other machines. Therefore working or researching this issue is "not worth it". After all who use's a quality server (which was back in the day) using USB Android Teathering?) I was simply curious and now its not needed. The system does work as expected with linux distro's without issue including X. If you don't care about troubleshooting X or teathering its the ticket for OpenBSD.

Anyway, otherwise its a fantastic machine with 3 SATA drives etc. etc. etc.....Network cards and all work fine.
Anyone in the DFW area USA are welcome to it. Free. (pm for details)

Last edited by frcc; 7th February 2023 at 02:14 AM. Reason: additional info, and clarity