Thread: Social Media
View Single Post
Old 24th November 2021
Spam Deminer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitest View Post
cynwulf,

Two years later and I made the mistake of creating an account on FaceBook. The platform is highly addictive and I didn't enjoy what I did there. I was on Facebook for about a year again. The platform is insidious.
Hopefully now that I have deleted my FaceBook account again I do not come back to it.
The various lock downs, etc may have triggered many to return to the "platform"... and of course big tech, (not to mention big pharma) have made billions (trillions?)... it is absolutely insidious by design.

You're not alone - I expect many fell back to old habits. I installed Windows 10...

I have never been "on it", so I can't really relate to it. I have only seen the continuously swiping zombies on the train, looking at photos and animated memes and then quickly tapping out some response or "liking" someone's new hair do or whatever...

For me it's all very banal and superficial - but to be clear, and for full disclosure: I'm a very anti-social person. Family excepted (well some family...), I've never liked other people, if I have to deal with them, then I prefer to deal with one person at a time, large groups annoy me - mainly because people stop behaving as individuals and I have to listen to trivial conversations and chit chat on subjects which I have zero interest in, but am expected to know all about. So this likely makes me "social network incompatible" (immune?).

Last edited by blackhole; 24th November 2021 at 03:15 PM.