View Single Post
Old 12th July 2020
parrot

Thanks jggimi, yes I knew that, and a 3rd way, just type syspatch , if there are no new patches it just returns to the prompt, but I generally do not even think about checking, and when I see new posts here, it is a good reminder,..the same applies to the new releases, when they are ready...I am all ways surprised at how fast time goes by, Yes I could just check the OpenBsd.org website for announcements, or subscribe to the mail list, but since I check this forum daily for any new posts, on OpenBsd, it is the most convenient for me. A year or 2 could quickly , easily go by before it occurred to me to check for new releases, I do think about syspatch, more often though,...but before this thread started, it might be several weeks before I checked, ... as I all ready mentioned. To many "kids" I guess, grandchildren, and great grandchildren,... sorry, to drift off topic....my mind wanders a lot these days.
==== edited ==========
ahh, now that you mention it
Quote:
to /etc/daily.local, and be informed if there are new patches whenever daily(8) runs.
I need to check that as well, there probably are over 100 messages to read , or delete.---
not as bad as I thought,
Code:
-Mutt: /var/mail/papaparrot [Msgs:60 New:18 Old:35
all parrot.org daily output

Last edited by PapaParrot; 12th July 2020 at 04:06 AM.