View Single Post
Old 13th February 2023
Banned

Anyone who looks at the questions I've asked since joining these forums in November last year will realise that I have nothing but a genuine interest in learning what is recognised universally as a difficult to learn and non user friendly operating system. In the absence of being able to provide typescripts or screenshots I've done my damned best to provide all necessary info for troubleshooting in well worded and explained replies.

Many of the responses I've received have been helpful, but similarly many have been unhelpful where the replying person often has other motivating factors that override their intention to offer genuine help. Take for example jggimi who has demonstrated a tendency to answer any queries with more emphasis on showing his wide ranging knowledge rather than directly answering the question. Of course each time its been dressed up as purely rational advice giving. This is a person who revels in controlling threads by monopolising replies and even discouraging potentially helpful replies from others who may actually have something useful to offer, such as how to get OpenVPN working - an area he would simultaneously acknowledge knowing little about, but then also adjudicate that nobody else in these forums would basically know if he didn't know - thus discouraging any potentially helpful replies. See here in case you're unfamiliar with the thread: https://daemonforums.org/showthread....3489#post73489

PS: It seems that most VPN providers use OpenSSL, and not embedTLS, which was one of the two installation prompts given when installing the OpenVPN daemon.

Then we have the blatent trolls such as Head_On_A_Stick (Matthew) who as I've recently shown in my other recent thread (https://daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=12350&page=2 and the original: https://daemonforums.org/showpost.ph...6&postcount=37) offer help but then resent any further clarification queries on their given answer. I have little doubt you've put good effort into making your reply, but don't be frustrated if some questions remain. You didn't learn this overnight, and you shouldn't expect others to either.

In this latest reply you have resorted to stereotyping me in saying I'm "Sealioning" after just a few days earlier accusing me of being a "Help Vampire". So which is it? Have you made up your mind up or will we see a third, fourth and so on steretyping smear attempt? So aggrieved are you by my showing you up as the bitchy nerd elitist that you are, you would now try and use my strengths (maintaining civility in spite of overt bullying) to selectively build a straw man (sealion) for further castigation by yourself and others.

Note that in the last couple days after I've shown a willingness to maintain a good working relationship on this forum in spite of his intolerant elitism, Recently he has changed his avatar signoff to "Bitchy Nerd Elitist" as an attempt to devalue this accurate description made of him. I've tried to make light of this and keep things positive by changing my own sign off to "Help Vampire - Super user" to remind him that we all need the ability to see our own faults, and not take it too seriously when others point these out as a means to improve future relations and tech troubleshooting (See here: https://daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=12350&page=2 )

Then, having seen as we continued the thread that he had thus failed in his attempt to get under my skin with his avatar headline he's once again shown his true colours by attempting to stereotype me in such a way that vindicates abuse of me by others.

Then we have J65nko, the admin of this board who a couple days ago, unable to find any appropriate justification to silence me, engaged in his own form of bullying by sending me a private message asking that I not quote other people's contextual replies when replying. He argued that it was to save server space.... I asked him how many bytes this might save but he hasn't replied. Perhaps he's trying to save more space??

What a sad indictment of what is generally recognised as one of the only online forums that OpenBSD users in need of genuine help can go to for "help"...
So what now? Will this post, having exposed a few embarrassing realities of this forum be allowed to stand to serve as warning for others seeking genuine help? Or will (as I expect) it be taken down so that the status quo of passive aggressive, and nerdy bullying elitism be maintained into the future?