View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd October 2022
Shell Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
On some hardware, there can sometimes be completely erroneous ACPI thermal zone reporting by the hardware. It is not clear why these happen. The OS will accept these erroneous reports as valid, and these events cause the OS to immediately shut down in order to mitigate hardware damage. As noted in the Reddit thread the admin can disable the thermal zone driver, but there are risks associated with doing this.

hey,
thanks for the reply
Im afraid its a little technical or bugwar between obsd and others... when I had only win/lmde/obsd, (almost) everything was working perfectly on that laptop (efi). I added few days ago haiku, whom spread hw problems, such as disabling keyboard on others OS, here on LMDE after rebooted from haiku. I have to reboot one time more to LMDE to get kb working back (using power button, on login screen it's automatic).

I found doing the same after a boot from haiku, whom one time over ten the keyboard works well (means nine times over ten the kb/mouse are not working on haiku), then rebooting on openbsd shows those messages of temp. However if I reboot from haiku to LMDE, twice, openbsd boots perfectly. Mysterious of science computing