View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2022
Fdisk Soldier

Dear jggimi,

sorry for little late response.

Quote:
As long as you understand what you are doing, why you are doing it, and the implications. You reported in post comment #19 that you are seeing "file not found" errors, so I wanted you to be sure you have the phpMyAdmin file structure in the right place, and correctly structured. It is very easy to confuse yourself when you have a non-standard document root because filesystem locations do not clearly align with URL structures.
Alright, if final arrangements don't fix anything I'll change my directories.

Quote:
This doesn't test the function of your newly created MariaDB administrative user. This user was discussed in post comment #9, step 6. And again in more detail in post comment #18. You won't be able to use the "root" mysql user with phpMyAdmin.
From this link https://blog.eldernode.com/install-m...-on-openbsd-7/ I used
Code:
MariaDB [(none)]> CREATE USER 'user2'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'F5tYh(ikB2wq';
So I tried and it connected.
Code:
mysql -u user2 -p
Enter password: 
Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MariaDB connection id is 3
Server version: 10.5.12-MariaDB OpenBSD port: mariadb-server-10.5.12p0v1

Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

MariaDB [(none)]> quit
Bye
Quote:
You could have multiple versions of PHP installed simultaneously. Run $ pkg_info -E /usr/local/bin/php and take a look at which version of PHP it is.
Code:
pkg_info -E /usr/local/bin/php
/usr/local/bin/php: php-7.4.23
php-7.4.23          server-side HTML-embedded scripting language
I think we found some part of the problem. So I'll go wirh pkg_delete php-7.4.23, is that ok?

Quote:
If you actually used ls(1) as shown, the count should be (at version 5.1.3) 27. If you used ls(1) and have as large of a count as shown, your copy was performed incorrectly.
Yeah, by mistake I used ls. So I just went with "find" again it returned the same number.
Code:
find /var/www/htdocs/my_website/phpMyAdmin/ | wc -l

RECENT EDIT: I put some "index.php" file inside "/var/www/htdocs/my_website/phpMyAdmin" and it worked. It didn't ask any username or password, though. In order to land username-password page I stopped all the daemons with rcctl stop command and started them again but couldn't land on username-password page. It takes credentials by default I guess. How can land on that phpMyAdmin page which asks your username and password?

So I anyways, from the first beginning I was making a huge mistake. I didn't put any index.php file into "/var/www/htdocs/my_website/phpMyAdmin". I was thinking that it resolve pages automatically. All of my php files were outside of "/var/www/htdocs/my_website/phpMyAdmin" like this:
Code:
ls /var/www/htdocs/my_website/                      
first.php    index.html   index.php    phpinfo.php  test.php
first.php~   index.html~  phpMyAdmin   phpinfo.php~
Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you very much for great help.

Last edited by gordon.f; 3rd June 2022 at 01:39 PM.