View Single Post
Old 6th December 2022
More noise than signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
This is useful - thankyou. So now if in future I want to submit some terminal output I'll type
Code:
script -a /tmp <filename.typescript>
and it will generate the terminal output as a readable file in the /tmp directory that FFox can access by default?
Yes. Keep in mind two things: 1. the script(1) output file will not be complete until you exit the subshell console session it creates for you, and 2. the output file will have control characters in it -- particularly carriage return characters. These and any backspaces can be removed for clarity with the col(1) utility, using a command such as $ col -b < input.file > output.file or $ cat input.file | col -b > output.file.
Quote:
Is it possible that pf doesn't like 1195 and its blocking it, whereas 443, being a more standard port, is allowed?
Not unless you've provisioned it. By default -- which I assume you are using -- PF blocks stateless traffic, blocks incoming X Terminal traffic, and blocks any network traffic by the user that builds packages from the Ports tree. See your /etc/pf.conf file for this default provisioning.

Last edited by jggimi; 6th December 2022 at 01:13 PM. Reason: typos